Editor : Daum Communications | Version : 2023 (last version)
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Info: 2071 downloads since 2017-04-28
Daum PotPlayer is a free media player for Windows that has native support for almost all media files. Out of the box, PotPlayer includes many of the codecs you will need to watch a video, but also supports OpenCodec if a user needs further codecs required by a video. If you are looking for a free media player to play your video files, create recordings, or do live broadcasts, then you cannot go wrong with PotPlayer.
Further features offered by PotPlayer include:
- Hardware acceleration with DXVA, CUDA, QuickSync.
- Supports various types of 3D glasses so you can get the 3D experience anytime you want using your 3DTV or PC. Various output format (Side by Side, Top and Bottom, Page Flipping) supported.
- Text subtitles(SMI & SRT), DVD(Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc
- No need to install different codecs all the time when using the player. Supports OpenCodec so users can easily add whatever codecs they want.
- Supports various devices such as DVD,TV,HDTV.
- Supports Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Screen recording
- Live Broadcasting
PotPlayer also allows a user to control it via the command line. The command line options are:
Usage : PotPlayer.exe "filename"
|/filedlg||Open file dialog|
|/urldlg||Open url dialog|
|/folderdlg||Open folder dialog|
|/simple||Open file navigator|
|/cap||Open screen capture|
|/cam||Open webcam/Other devices|
|/atv||Open Analog TV|
|/dtv||Open a cd drive|
|/add||Add to last position in playlist|
|/insert||Add to position which follows the current playing file in playlist|
|/autoplay||Play the last played file|
|/same||Play all items|
|/sort||Sort by name|
|config="preset name"||Use the specified preset|